EDITOR’S NOTE: This is part of a series, start here.

So 2020 was a weird year. For everyone on earth, I suppose. The last update I wrote on this project was something like eight months ago. While I haven’t updated, I made a ton of progress and I took a new direction. The first thing I changed was the language. I love C, but it was becoming really cumbersome to manage memory between SDL, pdcurses and my own code once things started to grow in complexity. It was it this point that I discovered Nim. Nim is first and foremost a very nice language. Syntactically it’s akin to a strongly typed Python.

← Create a Workflow System Pt. 1 Sega Genesis Hello World →